Wednesday, September 16, 2020
4:30 – 6:30pm
Ramsey Middle School
1700 Summit Ave, St Paul, MN 55105
- Contactless drop off will be on the Summit Avenue frontage roadside of the school.
- Drive through to drop off or park on Grand Ave or the opposite side of Summit Ave and walk-up
- Mask wearing required for the safety of all that attend and staff this collection.
- If you are able to linger and listen to the music for a bit, please maintain social distancing.
- Musical “hello” provided by SPCO musicians until 6pm
- A list of accepted donation items
Thursday, September 17, 2020
6:00 – 7:30pm
Mears Park Stage
221 5th St E, St Paul, MN 55101
- This is a part of the Lowertown Local Series run by the Saint Paul Downtown Alliance
- Donation collection will happen at a table near the stage area at Mears Park
- Mask wearing and social distancing required for the safety of all that attend
- Bringing folding chairs/blankets is suggested to make use of the space
- A list of accepted donation items
At both locations –follow your ears to the music by members of the SPCO. That is where supply drop off will occur!
Accepted Donation Items
Our partners are working with unique communities with unique needs at this phase of their distribution. Please look at the lists below to see what is needed at each site. Many recipients of these items are utilizing public transportation or having weekly items delivered to them. For this reason, please avoid bulk-size items and/or ensure that items like diapers/paper towels can be split apart into smaller packages. Thank you!
Below is a list of specifically needed items for Ramsey Middle School’s emergency food pantry.
These items were requested by Ramsey Middle School and will be distributed there. Please avoid bulk-size items and/or ensure that items like diapers/paper towels can be split apart into smaller packages.
(Items that need refrigeration/freezing are welcomed at Ramsey Middle School on Wednesday, September 16. Please do NOT bring items that need refrigeration to Mears Park on Thursday, September 17.)
If you are unable to donate food or supplies, please consider donating a Cub Foods or a Target Gift Card. Thank you!
- Pull-Ups: Girls and Boys sizes 4, 5, and 6
- Cleaning product
- Laundry detergent/pods
- Hygiene products (soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant)
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Pasta sauce (red and white)
- Jelly/Peanut butter
- Snacks (crackers, cookies, chips, granola bars)
- Drinks (juice, Gatorade)
While there is a high need for these items, please only bring these items to Ramsey Middle School on Wednesday, September 16 due to refrigeration needs:
- Frozen chicken breasts
- Sandwich meat (chicken, roast beef, and turkey)
- Sandwich cheese
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
- Please wear a mask over your mouth and nose when you drop off donations.
- You will have the option for us to take items directly out of your car or to walk them over to a designated location for contactless, outdoor drop-off.
- Please give volunteers and other donors at least 6 feet of space during drop off.
We look forward to seeing you, safely!
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO SUPPORT
- Spread the word! Share information about this drive with your friends, family, and neighbors.
Why Ramsey Middle School?
Ramsey Middle School is a part of the Saint Paul Public School District. The SPCO has partnered with the Saint Paul Public Schools for over 20 years in various capacities, but most notably through our CONNECT music education program. Teachers and social workers at Ramsey Middle School have taken it upon themselves to set up a food pantry this summer to assist Ramsey Middle school families and other SPPS families in the Midway area of Saint Paul. Each week, over 70 families delivered boxes of food that supports and supplements the family for the entire week.
Will all of the donations be distributed/utilized?
Yes. We have worked closely with the coordinators of these two distribution sites to provide an accurate list of what is most needed at each individual site. In the event that we have too much of particular items or items that one of the sites cannot utilize, we have additional food/supply distribution centers lined up to accept any extra donations.
Can I donate money instead of food/supplies?
If you are unable to deliver food/supplies to the collection sites, but wish to support this program, please consider donating a Cub Food or Target Gift Card. You may also send donatons directly to the coordinator of the pantry. Please see information below:
- Ramsey Middle School Food Pantry
Alicia Ekegren (Health and Physical Education Teacher – Dare 2 Be Real Advisor and Athletic Director for Ramsey Middle School) is coordinating the Food Pantry. Funds donated to this Venmo account are used weekly to purchase items they run low on and fresh/perishable foods in particular. Venmo account @AEkegren1