There are several ways that you can be involved with The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra. We welcome your participation in one or more of the following opportunities. We look forward to having you as part of our organization.
The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra believes our music has the power to inspire, challenge, move and uplift, that it can enrich lives and that everyone in our community deserves the opportunity to experience transformational performances. We exist to serve the Twin Cities community through our music and are dedicated to improving the lives of the people who live here by:
- Presenting distinctive and transformational performances of our music for our community
- Sharing our music with a broad, expanding and increasingly diverse audience that reflects our community
- Expanding the SPCO’s capacity to better serve our community through innovation, inclusion, collaboration and financial responsibility
We are searching for individuals with the following qualities:
- Respectful of people from all backgrounds. As a public-facing organization, it’s crucial that every single person within and without the organization is treated with the same level of respect.
- A team player. Every activity, from stuffing envelopes to mounting concerts, advances our mission.
- Moved by music. You don’t have to be a classical music expert, so long as you’re curious about what we perform and the way we perform it, and excited about sharing it with others.
- Passionate about serving our community.
Our music has the power to inspire, challenge, uplift, bring people together, and connect people with their humanity, and we believe that EVERYONE deserves to experience our transformational performances. We believe that in a time of increasing inequality, the SPCO is an asset that should be available to as many people as possible in our community.
The SPCO is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The SPCO is a nonprofit organization offering our employees professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a collaborative and flexible work environment.
To be considered for an open position, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume online via this link: Search Open Positions
The SPCO periodically has internship opportunities available. Any such opportunities will be listed here:
There are currently no internship opportunities available.
No auditions are being held at this time.
Volunteers are essential in maintaining the music and mission of the SPCO. As a volunteer you get to the heart of the SPCO by working side-by-side with staff and musicians. Learn more about volunteering.
Current Volunteer Opportunity – Ticketing:
Each year we need lots of help stuffing our Season Ticket packets. It’s fun and easy work and we’ll provide the coffee, fine music and conversation while getting crucial work done for the SPCO. We will be stuffing season ticket packets Wednesday–Friday, July 26–28 from 10am–5pm and Saturday, July 29 from 11am–4pm. If you’d like more information or would like to volunteer, please contact Jo Gilbertson and Jonathan Posthuma at email@example.com or call us at 651.292.3248.