We believe the music we play has the power to inspire, challenge, move and uplift and that everyone, including young people, deserves the opportunity to experience transformational performances. Thanks to generous funding from a small group of individual donors, the SPCO is excited to announce the New Generation Initiative, a series of programs designed to expand access to classical music for young people, making it easier than ever to bring the whole family to experience SPCO concerts.
The SPCO is committed to serving the broadest possible audience in the Twin Cities community, and the New Generation Initiative is the most recent step in our history of bold moves toward increased accessibility.
How are we making this happen?
- Free tickets to unlimited SPCO concerts for children ages 6-17
- Free tickets to unlimited SPCO concerts for students
- A new concert series at Turf Club, a historic bar and lounge in the Midway area
- Three special Happy Hour Concerts at the Ordway Concert Hall featuring a happy hour with drink specials and food trucks from 4:00–6:00pm, immediately followed by a one-hour concert
- The continuation of $10 best available seats for club2030 members (the SPCO’s free club for people in their 20s and 30s) at nearly all SPCO concerts and an expansion of the number of exclusive post-concert after parties held for club2030 members throughout the season
Sign up for our email club to make sure you receive the most up to date information on these offerings!