Resume deadline: March 8, 2015
Auditions: April 12-13, 2015
The resume deadline has passed.
The winning candidate will have leadership, solo and chamber music opportunities.
- Successful candidate must have the highest level of musical and instrumental skills, and advanced chamber music skills.
- Successful candidate must have interest in and passion for the diverse styles reflected by the repertoire demands of the SPCO ranging from early Baroque music to the music of our time.
- Successful candidate must demonstrate clear understanding of the essential character of chamber orchestras through his/her playing and have the capacity to inspire others.
Leadership, Chamber Music & Community Engagement opportunities:
- Successful candidate will have opportunities to play chamber music and occasional solo concerto opportunities.
- Successful candidate will have opportunities to play Principal Oboe.
- Successful candidate will be expected to take part in the SPCO’s community engagement programs, to excel in working in a collaborative environment with orchestra, staff and board, and to be thoroughly invested in the artistic evolution of the SPCO.
Preferred Experience :
- Extensive chamber music and recital experience.
- Experience playing in chamber orchestras.
- Entrepreneurial experience in ensemble formation and project development.